The training modules to be developed will be available from autumn 2019.
In order to find out about the state of art on monastic products, the SKIVRE partnership implemented a survey in January / February 2019 that brought valuable input for the training modules. 20 monasteries participated in our survey: 9 monasteries from Germany, 4 monasteries from Bulgaria, 3 monasteries from Greece, 4 monasteries from other European countries. These are the most important results of the survey in terms of lack of knowledge and training needs:
The resondents identified lack of knowledge in
- How to sell the products (55 %)
- How to use internet/social media to support sales (40%)
- What products to sell (35%)
- How to find the right price for my product (35%)
- How to label my product and develop a brand name (30%)
- How to represent my monastery shop to local and regional partners (30%)
- How to collaborate beyond regional borders (30%)
- How to collaborate with sales supporters (25%)
- How to improve marketing and public relations
- How to collaborate with sales supporters (20%)
Accordingly, they identified their training needs in:
- Categorisation of product portfolio (45%)
- Creating a strong brand (45%)
- Use local/regional networks (45%)
- Marketing Instruments (Marketing communication, Marketing plan) (45 %)
- Benefits of using social media (45%)
- Distribution alternatives (different ways of selling your monastic products) (30%)
- Use of (trans)national networks (30%)
- Communication planning (20%)
Interested in testing the SKIVRE modules?
If you would like to join the pilot testing, please contact Mrs Angela Ivanova from our responsible partner INI-Novation: angela.ivanova(at)ini-novation.com. Our colleague will make a suggestion to include you in the testing activities.
The training modules will be available on an electronic platform with free downloads.